Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is the blogging or personal goals/resolutions we have for 2014. As I mentioned in my Looking Forward post I’m not setting resolutions or goals as such this year, however I do have some hopes and things I want to work towards and do regarding the blog I thought I would share in no particular order (and that aren’t a complete rehash of what I already said in my Looking Ahead post so hopefully this won’t be too repetitive if you’ve read both!)
1. As much as I truly adore YA, I’d like to read more outside of YA again as I’ve neglected those types of fiction/non-fiction since starting blogging and I miss them. I’m hoping to read at least 12 non-YA books this year and I’m already starting on my first which is Donna Tartt’s The Goldfinch.
2. Tackle that terrifying TBR pile filled with personal and review books I haven’t been able to get to yet! Linked to that I’d like to work on improving my Netgalley ratio too where possible.
3. Use instagram and tumblr more as these are networks I don’t use much. I’m toying with using my tumblr to talk more about my writing and stuff, but I’m not sure yet. I’d like to use my instagram to highlight what I’m currently reading, quotes if possible and any books I’ve received or bought that I want to showcase.
4. Have more posts scheduled in advance and more of a routine of the blog. The gold standard would be to have posts scheduled for three to four weeks, but I think it’s more realistic for me to aim for at least a week in advance.
5. Chill out about blogging at the same time and try not to stress about stats, visitors, etc. I got into this because I love YA and talking about it and that shouldn’t be forgotten.
6. Keep my shelves organised. I rehauled all of my bookshelves last week (it took all day and I strained my back but it was worth it) and they’re now sorted by adult, YA, middle grade and in alphabetical order. I’d love to try and maintain this order in 2014.
7. Organise some sort of themed event on the blog or a readathon, if I have the time to commit.
8. Read and comment more on the existing blogs I follow.
9. Find new blogs to read and follow too.
10. Review more books on the blog that aren’t just new releases for 2014.
So, are you setting goals or resolutions? What are your blogging or personal goals/resolutions for the year, do we share any? 😀