Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created at The Broke and Bookish and the below graphic is from their website too. This week we’re listing our top ten auto-buy authors.
1. Tanya Byrne – While her debut only came out last year it was one of my favourite books of 2012 and worked it’s way into my all-time favourites too so on the strength of that Tanya’s become one of my top auto-buy authors. I’m now (in)patiently waiting for her sophomore YA, Follow Me Down which looks amazing!
2. Stephen Chobsky – Perks of Being a Wallflower is possibly my all-time favourite book. Whatever he writes next will straight away be at the top of my to-buy list. Seriously, when he is publishing another book?
3. Donna Tartt – While Tartt isn’t a YA author, she is an author who I am very influenced by and just adore the writing of. I did Classics at A-level and The Secret History was a book all of us were reading and loving, not just because of it’s Classics love!
4. Cat Clarke- One of my favourite YA authors and her writing just goes from strength to strength. She’s definitely one of the best UKYA contemporary authors around and her latest novel Undone is simply phenomenal.
5. Sarra Manning – Sarra Manning was the YA author I read all the time as a teenager. I have a very battered, very loved copy of Let’s Get Lost which remains one of my favourite YA novels.
6. Juno Dawson – Hollow Pike is a brilliant debut that combines creepiness with the sass of Mean Girls. His next book Cruel Summer is out later this year and I cannot wait for it. She’s definitely on my auto-buy list.
7. Sarah Dessen- I just love her books. Even when I cut down my YA reading slightly when I was an undergrad she was an auto-buy author for me.
8. Diana Messidoro – Her debut last year reintroduced me to the softer, humorous side of YA and I loved her voice. Definite auto-buy now!
9. Laurie Halse Anderson- Speak is one of the most important YA books out there in my opinion and one of the first YA books I really remember reading. For me, her contemporary YA novels are a personal must-read as they always handle delicate issues with sensitivity and stunning prose.
10. Lauren Oliver- I adored her Delirium trilogy and Before I Fall. Oliver has a brilliant narrative voice and writing style I just envy. Definite auto-buy for me.
Who are your auto-buy authors? Link me to your Top Ten Tuesdays and/or let me know in the comments 🙂